SCOTT TRAVERS RARE COIN GALLERIES, LLC
P.O. Box 1711, FDR Station
New York, NY 10150-1711
Phone: (212) 535-9135
We primarily do business around the world
by telephone, e-mail and mail.
WE SERVE EXPERIENCED BUYERS AND SELLERS OF PCGS, NGC AND CACG CERTIFIED COINS.
WE HAVE A SPECIAL INTEREST IN PCGS/CAC AND NGC/CAC-VERIFIED COINS.
CALL US AT: (212) 535-9135
TERMS AND POLICIES GOVERNING BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS WITH SCOTT TRAVERS RARE COIN GALLERIES, LLC
- Orders come with an unconditional ten-day return privilege, except for bullion (which we generally do not handle) and bullion-related items, dealer-to-dealer transactions, trades, late-payment invoices, and payment plan purchases, for which sales are final.
- Returns must be in the original, undamaged holder (certified or otherwise) and must be accompanied by the original invoice or a legible copy.
- The customer is liable for the safe delivery of any return, and risk of loss remains with the customer until any returned item is safely received by Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC (“Travers LLC”). Items purchased from Travers LLC and shipped to the customer by United States Postal Service (“USPS”) Registered and Insured Mail are made pursuant to this shipment contract: Risk of loss for any item passes to the customer upon delivery by Travers LLC to USPS. Registered and Insured Mail that is not accounted for after delivery/signature confirmation or undelivered or lost or missing must be handled between the customer and USPS. In the unlikely event of such an incident, the customer and Travers LLC agree to fully cooperate with USPS in order to resolve any claim.
- Returns after ten days are subject to market fluctuation.
- Sales are for United States funds. Payment forms accepted include: bank wire, cashier checks, certified checks, travelers checks, and bank money orders, all subject to applicable reporting requirements. Personal or corporate checks may be subject to clearing before delivery of purchases. Travers LLC reserves the right to refuse to do business with particular individuals or entities, at its sole discretion, with or without cause.
- New York State residents must pay applicable state and local sales tax. Only bonafide coin dealers with an approved resale certificate are exempt.
- The coin market is speculative and unregulated. Many areas of numismatics lend themselves to third-party grading and authentication. Certification does not eliminate all risks associated with the grading of coins. It is possible that if a certified coin is broken out of the plastic holder and resubmitted to the same or another grading service that it could come back with a different grade. Travers LLC offers no opinion as to the validity of a grade assigned by any third-party grading service and shall not be liable for any patent or latent defect or controversy pertaining to or arising from any encapsulated coin. In any such instance, purchaser’s remedy, if any, shall be solely against the certification service certifying the coin.
- The future is unknown. No guarantee, implicit or expressed, is made concerning the price performance of any coin, or its value in the future. Travers LLC is privately owned and operated and does not represent or speak for any governmental office or authority.
- By doing business with Travers LLC, you agree that any transaction with Travers LLC shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute, claim or controversy (except for nonpayment) shall be settled exclusively by binding arbitration under the rules then in effect of the Numismatic Consumer Alliance, Inc. (NCA) or American Arbitration Association (A.A.A.) at New York, New York, or another suitable location at the option of Travers LLC. In the event of nonpayment, at its option, Travers LLC may refer the matter to NCA or A.A.A. for arbitration or elect to proceed judicially, in which case the buyer consents to jurisdiction in the courts of New York County, New York.
- Travers LLC is a mail-order intermediary of rare coins and does not maintain an inventory or an over-the-counter facility. We are as close as your mailbox, telephone or computer.
- If invoice(s) submitted by Travers LLC is/are not paid in full when due, the unpaid balance will bear interest at the highest rate permitted by law from the date of the invoice(s) until paid. If Travers LLC refers the invoice(s) to an attorney for collection, the buyer agrees to pay attorney’s fees, court costs, and other collection costs incurred by Travers LLC.
- We reserve the right to modify our Terms Governing Business Transactions without prior notice.
This website has been prepared by Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as specific advice. The information contained in this website may or may not reflect the most current developments. We, therefore, issue a general disclaimer of all liability. Readers and recipients of the materials should not act or rely upon information contained in these materials without first formally consulting us or others for professional counseling.
This site is not intended to be a solicitation, and the links to other sites are provided as an accommodation to our visitors. Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC does not operate the other sites and cannot be responsible for their content.
Scott A. Travers holds or has previously held positions in various for-profit and non-profit hobby organizations. The views reflected in this website and in his books are his own and do not reflect the views of any such organization.
Scott A. Travers also may have a financial or other interest in some or all of the products or organizations featured or reviewed in this website and in his books and is one of approximately 150 founders of CAC Grading, LLC.
Scott A. Travers is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or financial services. As each individual is unique, legal, accounting and financial advice should be addressed to appropriate professionals.
Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC (“Travers LLC”) operates https://www.usgoldexpert.com which provides information about its business and the terms which govern its transactions; a numismatic and precious metals article archive; and an e-Alert service that sends e-mails about news and offerings in the fields of coins and precious metals.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
For a better experience while using Travers Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable pieces of information, including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, phone number, and street or mailing address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you. We may or may not store this information.
You are hereby informed that when you visit our website, we may collect information that your browser sends to us (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. The Log Data and IP address may or may not be retained by Travers LLC.
Our website uses these cookies, if we retain them, to collect information and to improve Travers Services. You have the option through your browser to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate Travers Services; to maintain Travers Services; to perform Travers Services-related tasks; or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used.
You are hereby informed that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. These third parties need to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Travers LLC values your trust in providing us with your Personal Information, and we strive to use commercially acceptable means to safeguard it. But no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure and reliable. We, therefore, cannot and will not guarantee its absolute security.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission. Our website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. In case we discover that anyone under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will immediately delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, you are directed to contact us immediately in writing via the U.S. Postal Service, Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, at this address:
Attention: Webmaster of Compliance
Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC
P.O. Box 1711, FDR Station
New York, NY 10150-1711
This will allow us to take the necessary actions.
NOTICE OF TRADEMARK REGISTRATIONS
Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries®, IN TRAVERS WE TRUST®, The Coin Collector’s Survival Manual®, Coin Collector’s Survival®, The gold standard for coin information® and One-Minute Coin Expert® are Registered Trademarks of Scott A. Travers.
The commitment to accessibility for all begins with USGoldExpert.com and the efforts it undertakes to ensure that all functionality and content are accessible to every American. Travers LLC’s ongoing accessibility effort works towards conforming to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, level AA criteria. These guidelines not only help make web content accessible to users with sensory, cognitive and mobility disabilities, but ultimately to all users, regardless of ability. The ongoing accessibility efforts of Travers LLC works toward making USGoldExpert.com as accessible as possible. Your comments by e-mail to accessibility@USGoldExpert.com or by telephone to 212-535-9135 are welcome on how to improve this site’s accessibility for users with disabilities.