We are available by appointment only. We will not accommodate walk-ins.
Please do not contact us unless you are a serious buyer or seller of certified coins
WE DO NOT MAKE SIGHT-UNSEEN OFFERS ON COINS.
SERIOUS BUYERS AND SELLERS OF PCGS, NGC or ANACS GRADED RARE, VALUABLE AND/OR HIGH-GRADE COINS ARE INVITED TO CALL US AT: (212) 535-9135
Inquiries about common coins, especially circulated silver dollars and common-date wheat stalk or 1943 steel Lincoln cents, should be directed to your local coin shop. If your 1943 cent sticks to a magnet, the magnet is probably worth more than the coin. If you are convinced that your 1943 Lincoln cent is copper or bronze and it doesn’t stick to a magnet, submit the coin to be certified as genuine by ANACS. Feel free to contact us if ANACS certifies your 1943 Lincoln cent as copper or bronze. We suggest following the same submission procedure for any other uncertified coins which you believe to be valuable.
TERMS GOVERNING BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS WITH SCOTT TRAVERS RARE COIN GALLERIES, LLC
- Orders come with an unconditional fifteen-day return privilege, except for bullion and bullion-related items (which we generally do not handle anyway), dealer-to-dealer transactions, late-payment invoices, and payment plan purchases, for which sales are final.
- Returns must be in the original, undamaged holder (certified or otherwise) and must be accompanied by the original invoice or a legible copy.
- The customer is liable for the safe delivery of any return, and risk of loss remains with the customer until any returned item is safely received by Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC (“Travers LLC”).
- Returns after fifteen days are subject to market fluctuation.
- Sales are for United States funds. Payment forms accepted include: bank wire, cashier checks, certified checks, travelers checks, and bank money orders, all subject to applicable reporting requirements. Cash is not accepted. Personal or corporate checks may be subject to clearing before delivery of purchases. Travers LLC reserves the right to refuse to do business with particular individuals or entities, at its sole discretion, with or without cause.
- New York State residents must pay applicable state and local sales tax. Only bonafide coin dealers with an approved resale certificate are exempt.
- The coin market is speculative and unregulated. Many areas of numismatics lend themselves to third-party grading and authentication. Certification does not eliminate all risks associated with the grading of coins. It is possible that if a certified coin is broken out of the plastic holder and resubmitted to the same or another grading service that it could come back with a different grade. Travers LLC offers no opinion as to the validity of a grade assigned by any third-party grading service and shall not be liable for any patent or latent defect or controversy pertaining to or arising from any encapsulated coin. In any such instance, purchaser’s remedy, if any, shall be solely against the certification service certifying the coin.
- The future is unknown. No guarantee, implicit or expressed, is made concerning the price performance of any coin, or its value in the future.
- By doing business with Travers LLC, you agree that any transaction with Travers LLC shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute, claim or controversy (except for nonpayment) shall be settled exclusively by binding arbitration under the rules then in effect of the Numismatic Consumer Alliance, Inc. (NCL) or American Arbitration Association (A.A.A.) at New York, New York, or another suitable location at the option of Travers LLC. In the event of nonpayment, at its option, Travers LLC may refer the matter to NCL or A.A.A. for arbitration or elect to proceed judicially, in which case the buyer consents to jurisdiction in the courts of New York County, New York.
- Travers LLC is a mail-order intermediary of rare coins and does not maintain an inventory or an over-the-counter facility. We are as close as your mailbox, telephone or computer. We attend certain coin conventions and are pleased to meet clients in person there.
- If invoice(s) submitted by Travers LLC is/are not paid in full when due, the unpaid balance will bear interest at the highest rate permitted by law from the date of the invoice(s) until paid. If Travers LLC refers the invoice(s) to an attorney for collection, the buyer agrees to pay attorney’s fees, court costs, and other collection costs incurred by Travers LLC.
- We reserve the right to modify our Terms Governing Business Transactions without prior notice.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER FOR WEBSITE
This website has been prepared by Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as specific advice. The information contained in this website may or may not reflect the most current developments. We, therefore, issue a general disclaimer of all liability. Readers and recipients of the materials should not act or rely upon information contained in these materials without first formally consulting us or others for professional counseling.
This site is not intended to be a solicitation, and the links to other sites are provided as an accommodation to our visitors. Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC does not operate the other sites and cannot be responsible for their content. Scott A. Travers holds or has previously held positions in various for-profit and non-profit hobby organizations. The views reflected in this website and in his books are his own and do not reflect the views of any such organization. Scott A. Travers also may have a financial or other interest in some or all of the products or organizations featured or reviewed in this website and in his books.